The Portable Appliance Testing Trade Association is a not-for-profit body for the portable appliance testing industry in the United Kingdom. We have been operating since 2013 and represent a number of “PAT testing” engineers, technicians, etc.
“PATTA” is the only recognised trade body for the “PAT” testing industry.
Being a member of PATTA distinguishes members as having professional standards from from the rogue traders. As an association we are committed to raising standards across the industry, and helping our members to run professional businesses, to ensure their customers are provided with an appropriate professional service.
We work closely with key organisations such as Government, legislators, training bodies and consumer organisations to ensure that best practice in the industry is promoted and that our members are well represented.
We are a source of knowledge, professional advice and support for members. Our core objectives are:
- To promote the portable appliance testing industry,
- To be a central representative body to put the views of portable appliance testing companies to Government departments and agencies, Parliament, and other relevant organisations,
- To provide a forum for the exchange of non-competitive information and support.
- To provide opportunities for members to network with other members
- To research and develop needs for training and support for those conducting portable appliance testing and other relevant market information.
- To be a technical centre providing commentary, guidance and advice on all legal and other regulatory developments of relevance to portable appliance testing.