The Portable Appliance Testing Trade Association represents the “PAT testing” trade with the aim of raising standards and improving guidance. This is done through lobbying the authorities, being involved in the processes and sharing best practice on and offline.
Membership of PATTA can help raise your profile as it shows you also want to raise standards, it can cut your costs and provide you with invaluable links other people in the trade. Together we will help our industry grow stronger.
About the Portable Appliance Testing Trade Association
The Portable Appliance Testing Trade Association is an association founded by people who operate in the “PAT” testing industry; set up with the intention of lobbying the authorities and providing guidance and support to the industry.
The association provides opportunities for collaboration between members through an online directory for members to contact each other, a private members Facebook group and regular meet-ups.
PATTA also offers opportunities for specialist training, business improvement templates, and discounts.
PATTA is ran by 2 directors assisted by a members steering group.
Members are collaborating
We are creating a support network within the PAT industry where members thrive as a collective force, because we believe we are stronger together. Working together we can have more influence over decisions being made.
Why is a trade association needed?
Most, if not all other industries have trade associations which people operating within the industry can be members of. The association will usually support its members, represent them when decisions being made affects them and provide opportunities for them to network with their peers.
- The PAT testing industry does not have such a facility, PATTA is making progress to change that.
- PATTA currently represents its members at important national meetings, including the writing of the next IET Code of Practice.
- PATTA provides opportunities for its members to network with each other through an online group and regular social events.
- PATTA can provide support and guidance for its members, when needed
- PATTA will provide useful information relating to public matters and electrical safety
Anyone can join PATTA, there are 5 membership options – individual, sole trader, small business, corporate and associate. Join here