PATTA for the trade
PATTA is an association for people who do portable appliance testing providing a voice for them at important meetings, supporting and offering guidance when needed. Led by a steering group to represent the members, the group is striving to make necessary changes to benefit the industry.
PATTA for the consumer
PATTA, as an association demands its members to operate to particular professional standards to ensure their customers receive a value for money service that meets recommended guidance, to ensure equipment they say is safe, is safe. PATTA will also provide guidance for consumers where necessary.
Why is a trade association needed?
Most, if not all other industries have trade associations which people operating within the industry can be members of. The association will usually support its members, represent them when decisions being made affects them and provide opportunities for them to network with their peers.
- The PAT testing industry does not have such a facility, PATTA is making progress to change that.
- PATTA currently represents its members at important national meetings, including the writing of the next IET Code of Practice.
- PATTA provides opportunities for its members to network with each other through an online group and regular social events.
- PATTA can provide support and guidance for its members, when needed
- PATTA will provide useful information relating to public matters and electrical safety
Why should you join?
The work PATTA’s steering group are doing will help everyone in the industry and those that supply it; you can show your support for what we are doing by signing up as a member; your small annual fee goes a long way to helping us to help you.
Most of the work we do is not in the public domain and cannot be until made official, but rest assured your money will be well spent and we will work hard to ensure you are well represented.
PATTA is the only representation you have, so why would you not want to be a part of that. Find out more