- Do you want to help us improve the industry you operate in?
- Do you want to support what we are trying to achieve?
- Do you want to be represented when decisions are being made that affect your business and career?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions then you need to join PATTA.
Before PATTA came along our industry didn’t have a voice; there was nobody sitting at the table when decisions were made that affected us, there was no body fighting our corner.
Doing that doesn’t come cheap, but the people behind PATTA never set it up to make money, not even to cover their costs, as they knew that long term their work would make the industry better. But the money you pay in annual subs does help; it helps cover the costs of running a trade association and covers some of the expenses we incur attending meetings, etc.
Anyone who works in the PAT Testing industry can join PATTA; all we ask is that you carry out PAT testing for a living, and you understand that PAT testing is about testing electrical appliances with plugs! We are not going to check your credentials, competency or qualifications as that is not what we’re here for – we’re not a regulator, we’re a group of people trying to make a difference.
Being a member of PATTA doesn’t prove you are competent, and we are not saying you are, you are just a member of PATTA.
If you want to join; you need to do three things:
- Hit subscribe below to join; you’ll be taken to PayPal where you can pay your £55 joining fee today and set up your recurring annual payment, then
- You will be redirected to the PATTA members’ application form which you need to complete in full so we can set you up as a member, then
- You will be taken to the final form – this set you up on the members’ directory which can be searched by potential customers.
A membership is for a person, if that person owns a business you get a directory listing.
If we find you are bringing the association or the industry in to disrepute your membership may be cancelled without notice or refund.
Remember when you join PATTA you are joining an association that it trying to improve our industry, you are showing your support for the work we do. You do get some discounts as benefits, and other benefits such as access to our Facebook group, but PATTA isn’t going to be supplying you with loads of regular information, there’ll be no junk mail and we’re not here to get you more work. The work we do is usually long term, slow and not very exciting really – we rarely have much we can say about it until its done, in fact even then a lot of our work can go unnoticed, not to say it isn’t important. The Code of Practice 5th edition work we did happened over 2 years, and most of it was confidential until the book was launched! But we do appreciate your support. Without this ‘donation’ from our members we would have to pay all the costs ourselves; not just some of them.
As a thank you for joining we have created a number of ‘benefits’; which are added extras we have acquired to thank you for joining us. They include:
- Discounts off labels, calibration, software and equipment.
- Use of the PATTA logo on your company documents and clothing, etc.
- Access to our members only Facebook group
- An invite to our annual members meet up.
A PATTA subscription costs just £55.00 a year, which is a steal when you think you’ll get 25% off every order from PAT Labels Online – known to save some members over £500 each year!
If you are ready to sign up as a member of PATTA apply below – please allow a few days for your application to be processed, and a few weeks for everything to update on line.