Join PATTA, make the most of the exclusive member benefits, and support the association’s work. Show your clients that you have high working standards, and that you are a member of the Portable Appliance Testing Trade Association.
When you join PATTA you get a listing on our members directory (the map searcher on the home page), get access to money off vouchers exclusive to our members, access to our private members Facebook group, an invite to our member events and the opportunity to network with over 150 other PAT testers, some of whom are the most experienced testers in the country.
Joining PATTA will help you to meet excellent PAT testing standards, give you access to support and training, and help you to grow your business.
Our aim is to improve our industry, and together, we can achieve that.
Becoming a member is an easy process:
- Complete this application form – we will assess your application, check your credentials and if we feel you meet our standards we’ll accept your application, and send you an invoice to pay your subscription.
- You set up a subscription payment through PayPal, for £55.00 which covers the next 12 months membership. If you don’t want your membership to continue you will need to cancel the payment with PayPal and notify us, otherwise the payments will keep being taken.
- When we confirm your payment, we’ll send you instructions to set up your members’ directory listing, and provide you with access to the member discounts.
- We will confirm your membership by sending your Members’ Certificate.
The 4 stages of the application process can take up to one month to complete, dependent mostly on how quick you pay the invoice, although the stage from application to acceptance will take about a week.
When you apply to join PATTA you must agree to uphold the working standards of the association, and you also agree that PATTA can at any time choose to check that is the case, by requesting copies of work completed, and proof of insurance, training or qualifications.
As a member you get 25% off PAT Testing Labels from PATLabelsOnline.con and Britannia Test & Calibration as well as money off Simply Pats Software.
When you join PATTA you are joining an association that is trying to improve our industry, you are showing your support for the work we do. You do get some discounts as benefits, and other benefits such as access to our Facebook group, but PATTA isn’t going to be supplying you with loads of regular information, there’ll be no junk mail and we’re not here to get you more work. The work we do is usually long term, slow and not very exciting really – we rarely have much we can say about it until its done, in fact even then a lot of our work can go unnoticed, not to say it isn’t important. The Code of Practice 5th edition work we did happened over 2 years, and most of it was confidential until the book was launched! But we do appreciate your support. Without your subs we would have to pay all the costs ourselves; not just some of them.
As a thank you for joining we have created a number of ‘benefits’; which are added extras we have acquired to thank you for joining us. They include:
- Discounts off labels, calibration, software and equipment.
- Use of the PATTA logo on your company documents and clothing, etc.
- Access to our members only Facebook group
- An invite to our annual members meet up.
By applying to join PATTA you are agreeing that your business/you works in accordance with the PATTA working standards, and that you will support PATTA, display the logo with pride and not bring the association into disrepute.
Please note: Incorrectly completed, or incomplete application forms will be rejected immediately, without notification. Everyone that does work for PATTA, does in their own spare time, which is precious time, which we don’t appreciate being wasted, so please take your application seriously.