If you care about seeing improvements to our industry, feel it being represented is a good thing and want to be able to network with your peers, then sign up to be a member of the Portable Appliance Testing Trade Association.
We are working hard (albeit in our spare time) to raise standards in the industry, and having been a major part in the writing of the latest Code of Practice, our voice IS being heard. We have been involved in various meetings in Parliament, with British Standards and the Department for Trade and Industry.
Joining “PATTA” couldn’t be easier.
Below is an application form, please fill this in in full and submit it.
- Forms not completed in full, such as missing your full address, correct name etc will be ignored.
When we receive the form, we will process it and send you an invoice to pay your joining fee. This can take up to 1 week at busy times so please bare with us.
- Membership costs £75.00 for one year; you can pay this by bank transfer and when your renewal date is approaching we’ll send a new invoice for your renewal.
- Alternatively you can save us and yourself time by setting up a recurring payment via credit or debit card using PayPal or by Direct Debit using Go Cardless – either way because you save us having to send a new invoice every year we offer a £15.00 discount, so the membership fee is just £60.00 per year.
When we have confirmation of your payment in the account, we will send you an invoice paid receipt and your joining pack.
Please make sure the email address you put on the application form is the one you want to use for correspondence with us.
- Membership lasts for 12 months; if you decide before that to cancel your membership you will not be refunded.
- If you do not want to continue with membership after 12 months, and are on the recurring payment make sure you cancel it before the payment is due. Once payment has been taken we cannot refund it.
Members of PATTA make the most of the exclusive member benefits, and support the association’s work. Show your clients that you have high working standards, and that you are a member of the Portable Appliance Testing Trade Association.
Member Certificates: We issue a certificate when you join; when your membership renews you will be sent an updated certificate.
When you become a PATTA member (if you run a business) you get a listing on our members directory (the map searcher on the home page), get access to money off vouchers exclusive to our members, access to our private members Facebook group, an invite to our member events and the opportunity to network with over 150 other PAT testers, some of whom are the most experienced testers in the country.
Joining PATTA will help you to meet excellent PAT testing standards, give you access to support and training, and help you to grow your business.
Our aim is to improve our industry, and together, we can achieve that.
When you apply to join PATTA you must agree to uphold the working standards of the association, and you also agree that PATTA can at any time choose to check that is the case, by requesting copies of work completed, and proof of insurance, training or qualifications.
As a member you get 25% off PAT Testing Labels from PAT Labels Online, Britannia Test & Calibration and Simply Pats Software.
When you join PATTA you are joining an association that is trying to improve our industry, you are showing your support for the work we do. You do get some discounts as benefits, and other benefits such as access to our Facebook group, but PATTA isn’t going to be supplying you with loads of regular information, there’ll be no junk mail and we’re not here to get you more work. The work we do is usually long term, slow and not very exciting really – we rarely have much we can say about it until its done, in fact even then a lot of our work can go unnoticed, not to say it isn’t important. The Code of Practice 5th edition work we did happened over 2 years, and most of it was confidential until the book was launched! But we do appreciate your support. Without your subs we would have to pay all the costs ourselves; not just some of them.
As a thank you for joining we have created a number of ‘benefits’; which are added extras we have acquired to thank you for joining us. They include:
- Discounts off labels, calibration, software and equipment.
- Use of the PATTA logo on your company documents and clothing, etc.
- Access to our members only Facebook group
- An invite to our annual members meet up.
By applying to join PATTA you are agreeing that your business/you works in accordance with the PATTA working standards, and that you will support PATTA, display the logo with pride and not bring the association into disrepute.