The Portable Appliance Testing Trade Association has the following objectives:
- To promote the portable appliance testing industry,
- To be a central representative body to put the views of portable appliance testing companies to Government departments and agencies, Parliament, and other relevant organisations,
- To provide a forum for the exchange of non-competitive information and support.
- To provide opportunities for members to network with other members
- To research and develop needs for training and support for those conducting portable appliance testing and other relevant market information.
- To be a technical centre providing commentary, guidance and advice on all legal and other regulatory developments of relevance to portable appliance testing.